You will join a talented team for an automotive supplier/manufacturer with a strong future in Detroit. Your mission will be to orchestrate the internal resources of our client to deliver on the manufacturing contractual obligations of various programs, including pre-production build events. Your key focus will be to industrialize the assembly line so that their team members can build and ship a quality product according to the releases that come from the customer. You'll take ownership of the full program lifecycle which includes handling negotiations, reviewing drawings, assimilating ideas, supervising Launch Builders, overseeing budgets and costs, reviewing design changes, and ensuring quality.
You will have the responsibility to:
- Lead the development of plant inputs for major program RFQs
- Serve as primary manufacturing contact for the Program Manager’s cross-functional team
- Foster cross-functional internal communication with regular team meetings
- Ensure manufacturing has all of the inputs required from the program team and the customer to deliver on the contractual obligations of a program (with assistance from Program Manager):
- Preside over regular cross-functional team ECR / change control meetings to seamlessly implement changes with the execution of logically sequenced functional group tasks
- Use proper escalation to solicit management support for any team member not delivering on expectations
- Determine resource requirements necessary to complete projects and solve open issues
- Work with manufacturing engineering to develop manufacturing concept
- Ensure completion of, and take part in, SCAAF, KCC, PFMEA, control plan and SWI reviews
- Ensure company MOS/FES principles are adhered to by all functional groups
- Confirm all applicable deliverables for each functional group and ensure they are loaded onto the master timeline and that they are being executed by the functional champions
- Organize all build events, coordinating the cross functional team members
- Ensure proper responses to all customer concerns/requests
- Participate in customer program reviews where value can be added
- Ensure full respect of the HSE rules and regulations
5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with experience as a member of a cross-functional team. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related technical field.
A Master’s Degree is preferred .
Lean Six Sigma experience